Microsoft Dynamics 365 – 2021 Release wave 1, April release
Each April and October, Microsoft releases upgrades to Dynamics 365 to boost functionality and meet the demands of a growing customer base. The next major update, scheduled for next week on 1st April 2021, includes a vast number of improvements and ongoing changes that Microsoft is pursuing in its efforts to drive digital transformation for customers and partners.
Below are some of the highlights that we know will be of interest to our international customers. These features will be deployed between April 2021 and September 2021. You can download the complete April 2021 release plan here.
- Geographical availability: With this release, Business Central will be available in four new countries/ regions: India, Greece, Romania, and Turkey. This means Business Central will now be available in 52 countries and regions.
- Finance & Operations: Microsoft is also delivering localizations for Egypt which will extend the number of out-of-the-box countries and regions to 43 and the number of languages to 48.
In Dynamics 365 2021 release wave 1, Microsoft is focusing on the availability of deeper personalizations and access to more data-driven insights to help organizations with smarter decision-making and more ways to reach customers.
- Effectively target leads and opportunities: Functionality to improve how organizations target leads and opportunities while designing Segments & Customer Journeys.
- Built-in analytics to improve the Cross Customer Journey – Users can access a whole set of analytics including journey goals, different channel performance, customer participation in the different journeys, and more – all from a single dashboard. This is a great tool to help sales and marketing teams analyze and plan for the future.
- Point-and-click interface: Users can easily personalize their email messages with dynamic content. So, there’s no need for developer assistance when authoring dynamic content – it’s just simple point-and-click.
- SMS functionality: Another great tool for sales and marketing and customer service teams is the ability to create and send SMS messages directly to any mobile phone. Messages can be personalized from within the SMS editor and users can even insert Dynamic Content for Lead & Opportunity records. This offers organizations an additional way to reach out to their prospects and existing customer base.
Are you ready to grow your international organization with Dynamics 365?
Dynamics 365 2021 release wave 1 offers hundreds of new features and enhancements and confirms Microsoft’s commitment to power digital transformation for all their customers and partners.
If you’d like to discuss any of these new features and the impact they have on your organizations, get in touch with Pipol today.