Why your organization should start using the Microsoft Power Platform
Technology is a key enabler for organizations looking to innovate and grow. But even the most advanced technology has limitations, especially when only a few select people can access and use it. Microsoft Power Platform ensures everyone in the organization, from the CEO to the sales frontline, is empowered to access, analyze, and act on the business data.
Innovate, create, achieve
The Power Platform is the perfect tool for digital transformation. It contains four cloud-based services that work together seamlessly and allow all users, regardless of technical ability, to access the relevant data and develop tailor-made business applications.
- Power BI is a business analytics tool that offers data driven insights to help users find, analyze, and visualize data.
- Power Apps makes it possible to integrate and distribute data. With access to easy-to-use templates and point-and-click app creation, users can quickly build customized apps on their own with zero to minimal code.
- Power Automate makes it possible to automate organizational processes eliminating manual, and oftentimes paper-based activities.
- Power Virtual Agents allows user to design and build chat robots without any use of coding and AI expertise.
Benefits of the Power Platform
These four cloud-based services can of course be used individually. But by connecting and using them together, organizations can create more unified systems allowing them to streamline business operations. Below we look at some of the benefits this platform can bring to your organization.
- Great cost saving: According to a 2021 study commissioned by Microsoft (Forrester Total Economic Impact™ Study), the average cost of large development projects is 70% less when using Power Apps. This is thanks to reduced costs for internal and external development. Additionally, it’s much simpler to maintain the code and manage the applications.
- No-code/Low-code development: In most organizations, developer resources are limited and there’s often not enough programmers to go around. This usually results in a backlog of IT projects and can stunt the organization’s digital transformation. With the Power Platform, you don’t need to be a professional developer to create custom applications, chatbots, integrations, or automations. All users can build their own tailor-made applications in just a few steps.
- Easy access to common data: In the past, organizations relied heavily on specific resources. For instance, oftentimes, only data analysts had the know-how to access and interpret the data. But these organizations were only harnessing a fraction of their full potential. With Microsoft Power Platform, everyone can get involved and add value to the business. The platform connects to Microsoft Dataverse which securely stores all relevant data together in one place. So, custom apps and processes can interact with a single, centralized set of data shapes and business logic. This offers a significant saving enabling organizations to spend more time focusing on other priorities, such as automation of business processes.
- Save time and effort with automation: Automation is a critical factor for successful organizations. Repetitive business processes take time and effort. Power Platform helps increase productivity by eliminating these trivial, time-consuming tasks and allowing users to automate work processes in an accessible, connected way and in a fraction of the time.
- Derive valuable insights: Organizations everywhere have embraced the value of using data to drive decision-making. With mass quantities of data stored in the cloud, organizations are becoming more efficient at harnessing data and insights derived from multiple sources such as web traffic, social media, CRM, and ERP applications. Including tools like Power BI, the Power Platform is ideal for helping users analyze and interpret the data. It lets them create and share data visualizations that can be used to derive insights that support informed decision-making. So, everyone in the organization can effectively work with the data and drive valuable business impact.
- Enhanced security: To help prevent security issues, it’s critical that organizations control who can access certain reports and data. To address this, Power Platform uses double encryption, embedded identity management, and multi-factor authentication. Additionally, with predefined security roles it’s easy to grant access to specific individuals. Plus, security roles can be customized or configured to further minimize access.
- Remote access for a flexible work environment: All platform tools are browser-based and can be downloaded and accessed from anywhere, on any device. Team can stay up-to-date on projects by easily connecting to the platform through cloud-based or desktop solutions. Power Platform services can also seamlessly connect with Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure, and many other apps. For instance, thanks to integration with Microsoft Teams, global teams can improve their business processes and efficiency with a seamless work experience that reflects a modern, flexible workplace.
Powering up your digital transformation
Many tech giants and industry leaders are adopting the Microsoft Power Platform so they can be faster, more flexible, and expand at a greater scale. By employing this smart and easy-to-use platform in your digital transformation strategy, you too can speed up innovation and sharpen your competitive edge.
Download our e-book “5 Steps Guide to International ERP” and learn more about the steps to having a successful International ERP solution.
Thank you, your whitepaper is on its way to you
FIVE STEPS GUIDE TO INTERNATIONAL ERP
Do you want to hear more about the Microsoft Power Platform and the benefits it can bring to your organizations? Get in touch with Pipol today.